Notice of the People's Government of Jiangsu Province on Prohibiting New Construction Projects and Immigrants in the Qinhuai Xinhe Water Conservancy Reconstruction Project
Su Zhengfa (2019) No. 74
The Qinhuai Xinhe Water Conservancy Project is one of the main control projects in the Qinhuai River Basin. In order to ensure the orderly progress of the project construction, it is necessary to comprehensively and accurately complete the physical survey within the land acquisition scope of the project construction. And related regulations such as the Resettlement Regulations (Order No. 471 of the State Council) and the Ministry of Water Resources' Interim Measures for the Management of Resettlement Work of Large and Medium-sized Water Conservancy and Hydropower Projects (Water Regulations  No. 33), etc., the relevant matters are hereby notified as follows.
I. The Qinhuai Xinhe Water Conservancy Project is located at the mouth of the Qinhuai Xinhe River in Tianhou Village, Yuhuatai District, Nanjing. It is one of the main control projects in the Qinhuai River Basin and undertakes tasks such as flood control, drainage, irrigation, ecological living water, and shipping. The implementation of the Qinhuai New River Water Conservancy Reconstruction and Expansion Project is conducive to further improving the flood prevention and drainage standards of the Qinhuai River Basin, promoting regional river network water flow, improving the regional ecological water environment, and ensuring water supply security.
2. The land acquisition for the Qinhuai Xinhe Water Conservancy Reconstruction and Expansion Project involves the Tianhou and Xikou communities in Nanjing Yuhua Economic Development Zone. The initial land acquisition scope of the project construction shall be specified by the provincial Qinhuai River Water Conservancy Project Management Office and the project design unit, and shall ultimately be implemented in accordance with the approved scope.
3. As of the date of this announcement, no units or individuals are allowed to build, expand or rebuild construction projects within the scope of project land acquisition. The approved projects will no longer be constructed and the projects under construction will be stopped. For construction in violation of the regulations, no compensation will be given and the relevant regulations shall be dealt with.
4. As of the date of this announcement, except for national policies such as the birth of a newborn, marriage, military service, veteran service, and distribution of graduates from junior and secondary schools, other populations are prohibited from moving into the land. Those who move in in violation of regulations will not be resettled.
V. Nanjing Yuhua Economic Development Zone should strengthen its leadership and organize relevant departments to stop violations of capital construction and immigration within the scope of the project. At the same time, organize the towns and streets along the project to do a good job of physical investigations within the scope of the project's land acquisition and issue approval opinions on the results of the physical investigations.
6. All departments, units and individuals within the scope of project land acquisition shall strictly implement the provisions of this circular and actively support cooperation with local governments and relevant departments in carrying out land acquisition compensation and resettlement for project construction. Those who violate laws and regulations and interfere with physical investigations, project construction, and resettlement shall be held accountable for relevant personnel according to law.
7. This notice shall be implemented as of the date of issuance.
People's Government of Jiangsu Province
December 1, 2019
View and download the PDF version of the bulletin: Notice of the People's Government of Jiangsu Province on Banning New Construction Projects and Immigrants in the Qinhuai Xinhe Water Conservancy Reconstruction Project (Su Zhengfa  No. 74) (1) .pdf